Advent /Christmas is nearly upon us! What a fantastic season in the life of our church and in North Texas. To help celebrate this and to help draw attention to the events at your Church, the Conference Communication team has a number of ways to help, but we NEED your participation! If you are the Communications Director or webmaster for your Church, please read all the way through this very important document!
Advent / Christmas Advertising Campaign
The annual conference will advertise in the following media outlets during this Christmas / Advent season!
- Radio Disney
- Dallas Morning News
- Facebook Ads
- Google Ads
Print ads that will look similar to this, but will have a custom URL such as
Each advertising spots will use specific URLs which will then direct the visitor to a landing page specific to that market where they will find YOUR church advent event listings as long as you fill out the advent form here: http://www.ntcumc.org/adventform. So this is the #1 thing your church needs to do ASAP!
Also, here is a tip. To optimize your own church's Christmas Eve worship service pages, we highly recommend you name your page and optimize the page for this term
your city, TX | Christmas Eve Candlelight Services
If you need further assistance with submitting your Christmas information, or optimizing your website for this, please email our Webmaster Patrick Steil at email@example.com for additional help.
Christmas Service Landing Page
When the visitor goes to the URL listed in the advertisement or they click on the Facebook/Google Ad, they will see a "landing page" that looks like the following.
Note the list of cities and the Facebook "stream". The user will click on the city that is closest to them to expand the view to something like this:
Ok, so what is up with the Facebook stream on the right? The Facebook stream is there to encourage them to LIKE "Christmas in North Texas". We hope to provide much Christmas / Advent information including "The Christmas Story," bible verses, Christmas trivia, as well as providing opportunities for interaction between Facebook users with questions such as "What is your favorite Christmas Carol?," "What are some of your favorite family traditions," etc...
Again, for this to be successful, we NEED YOU! Here is what you can do to encourage participation on this Facebook page and encourage people to visit your church:
- Like the Christmas in North Texas Facebook Page.
- Enable "Get Updates via SMS" on the page (this will notify you via "text" when we post something new so that you can be sure and go "comment," "like," etc if you are so inclined).
- "Share" this page on your Churches' Facebook Wall once a week during Advent.
- Use the "add to My Page's Favorites" to add a link from your Church Page to this Page
- Use the "Invite Friends" link to invite your entire network of Facebook friends in the North Texas area to the page!
- If you want to invite your friends via email, you can send them a link to the Facebook page directly here: http://www.facebook.com/ChristmasInNorthTexas
Your Christmas To-do List
Ok, to stay off the "naughty list," here is a re-cap you need to do! :)
- Make sure your Advent / Christmas events and worship times are setup on your church website.
- Submit your Advent Event info for the Conference advertising destination pages.
- Interact on the Facebook page when we post updates on it!
Help or Suggestions?
If you need any further help or clarification, please contact me and I will be glad to help! If you have other great ideas or comments on this campaign, please make a comment below!
Your Conference Webmaster