East District Strategy
The East District participates in the Conference Strategic Plan to fulfill the mission of making disciples for the transformation of the world.
Additionally the East District believes that:
- Vitality in ministry is found on the interface of engagement between the church and the community.
- Every church has a unique purpose and blessing to discover and live out in ministry and mission.
- Empowered laity and energized clergy are essential to engaging the world with Christ’s love.
- There is a power in ‘Gospel story telling’ that reshapes and energizes congregations in their ministry.
- There is a power of partnership experienced in the coming together of lay with clergy, of congregation with congregation, and of church with community and with Christ that is a key strength for United Methodist connectionalism.
The East District seeks to live into these core convictions in a variety of ways that claim and proclaim the presence and power of Christ’s Kingdom through the life of every church.