A New Vision, A New Voice ~ The North Texas Conference
Texas United Methodist Historical Society Annual Meeting: April 28-29, 2017
Texas United Methodist Historical Society Annual Meeting
6:00 p.m. Friday, April 28, 2017 – Noon Saturday, April 29, 2017
This year’s annual TUMHS meeting will be held at the First United Methodist Church of Richardson, Texas, on April 28-29, 2017.
Although 2017 marks the 150th anniversary of the North Texas Annual Conference, presentation themes will cross conference boundaries to include stories of a leading early Texas Methodist family, a famous gospel music singer, a 1920 SMU graduate who served as a missionary in Africa, and former Rio Grande Conference charges in North Texas that did (and did not) join the North Texas Conference.
Additional presenters will include:
- Rev. Ben Anderson David Hensley — Oak Lawn UMC, Dallas
- Rev. Priscilla Pope-Levison, Ph.D. — Perkins School of Theology
- Rev. Emily Robnett — student, Perkins School of Theology
- Rev. Daniel F. Flores, Ph.D. — Tarrant County College
Pre-conference Guided Tours
Optional Friday pre-conference opportunities will include guided tours of:
- 11:00 a.m. — First United Methodist Church of Richardson
503 N. Central Expressway
Richardson, TX 75080
- 1:00 p.m. — St. Luke “Community” UMC, Dallas, led by the Rev. Dr. Zan Wesley Holmes Jr.
5710 East R.L. Thornton Frwy
Dallas, TX 75223
- 3:00 p.m. — “The Archives at Bridwell Library” exhibition at Bridwell Library
6005 Bishop Blvd.
Dallas, TX 75205
- 5:00 p.m. — The Archives of First UMC, Richardson
515 Custer Rd.
Richardson, TX 75080
- Full registration: $50
- Student: $25
- 1-day: $25
- Non-registered banquet guest: $15
Please pre-register by sending payment by April 15, 2017, to:
TUMHS, c/o Stewart Caffey
5426 89th Street
Lubbock, TX 79424
Be sure to include a note indicating your name(s), email address, phone number, and type of registration (full, student, one-day, banquet-only).
Local maps, parking details, and lodging recommendations will be forwarded upon receipt of pre-registration. You must arrange your own transportation and housing.