A New Vision, A New Voice ~ The North Texas Conference
Powerhouse Communication: Social Media, Video and Photo Excellence Workshop – June 7, 2017
A Connect 360° Church Communication Workshop on Social Media, Video and Photography
This workshop took place on June 7, 2017 at the North Texas Conference Ministry Center. Michael Graves and Wil Murphy talked about social media, video and photography tricks, tips, tools and practical applications that produce better communications.
Missed the workshop? You can download the resources and watch the presentation videos below.
Powerhouse Communication Workshop Part 1:
Powerhouse Communication Workshop Part 2a:
Powerhouse Communication Workshop Part 2b:
Powerhouse Communication Workshop Part 3:
About the workshop
Presented by Michael Graves and Wil Murphy
Wednesday, June 7, 2017
9:00 a.m.-2:00 p.m.
Lunch will be provided
North Texas Conference Ministry Center
500 Maplelawn Drive
Plano, TX 75075
Wil Murphy and Michael Graves are two energetic leaders in the Conference who have worked in recent years to help the North Texas Conference and other Methodist organizations embrace the power of social media, video, and photography.
Powerhouse Communication will empower individuals, teams, and pastoral leaders to communicate more effectively using social media, video and photography. This workshop offers tricks, tips, tools and practical applications to show you how to take charge and communicate better with your audience. The landscape of media is shifting quickly, and this workshop will help you understand what you need to do to keep up.
What will people take away from this workshop?
Three Areas of Focus
- Social Media
- Best practices for posting on social media that will help you get better results
- The power of BOOST: You will learn how to use a posting technique that will help you reach more people strategically
- Frequency and consistency: Planning and scheduling your post
- Dashboards and Social media Insights that can help you reach your target audience with content they want to receive
- Photo (Mobile phone and portable cameras)
- Composing: A technique to help you decide what should be in the photo
- Lighting, lenses, focusing tools, and APPs that help you take better pictures
- Accessories that you can add to your phone or camera to take steady, clean pictures
- Best places to take pictures with your phone
- Best places to post and show your videos
- Best time length of a video
- Drone video
- Give your video some sizzle with editing effects software
Finally, you will learn two powerful techniques to help you capture great videos and pictures anywhere using your cell phone.
You will leave with two complete workshop case studies that will help you communicate how Powerhouse Communication can be used at your church.
Who should attend this workshop?
Pastors, church communicators, members interested in effective social media, video and photography
What should attendees bring?
- Mobile phone, SLR or other compact cameras, tripods and tools you currently use to create videos/photos
- Any photos you are proud of and would like to share
- Links to videos you think are amazing and would like to learn how to duplicate
About the presenters
The presenters are two young, vibrant leaders who have worked diligently to use more social media, video, and photos to tell the story of North Texas Methodists.
Wil Murphy is the founder of ROM122 Global Media, a former Fortune 1000 media executive, and also serves as the media strategist for the North Texas Conference Communication team.