Ministerial Education Fund
Ministerial Education Fund Scholarship Information and Application
Who Can Apply?
North Texas Conference Certified Candidates who are enrolled in a United Methodist University Senate-approved school are eligible for these scholarship funds.
What is needed to apply?
- A completed and current Ministerial Education Fund Scholarship application (must complete each semester)
- A certification of enrollment (typically generated from the National Student Clearinghouse, please contact your school for further instructions)
- A copy of current semester’s class schedule, detailing number of hours
All items must be submitted by the required deadline in order to process the scholarship application. Late or missing information or documentation will result in the non-processing of the application.
How much scholarship is granted per candidate?
The amount of scholarship granted is:
- $80 per credit hour per semester
- A bonus per projected decade of service per semester (to mandated retirement at age 72). See Application Form for details.
Certified Candidates are eligible to receive scholarship funds for no more than five years.
What are the required deadlines?
Funds will be disbursed twice a year. All applications with supporting documentation must be postmarked or hand delivered by:
Spring Deadline: February 1st
Fall Deadline: September 1st
Note: Those attending classes based on a quarter system or different system than semester must submit from the current semester by the above-mentioned deadlines. No late applications will be accepted.
Who should I contact with questions?
The source of all information is the North Texas Conference Board of Ordained Ministry website at www.ntcumcbom.org. For questions about the MEF Scholarship Funds, please contact BOM Officer, Duane VanGiesen at email@example.com.
P.O. Box 866128
Plano, TX, 75086-6128