Arapaho UMC Full-time Day School Director
Arapaho UMC, Richardson, Texas,
Arapaho UMC in Richardson, Texas, is seeking a full-time Day School Director to develop and oversee all aspects of their Day School.
About Arapho UMC Day School
Arapaho Methodist Day School (AMDS) is a weekday mission of the Arapaho United Methodist Church (AUMC). For more than 45 years, local families have chosen the school for their children’s preschool education. Our warm staff is comprised of many experienced teachers, most of whom came to teach after sending their own children to the school. Walking down the halls, you’ll hear the laughter, feel the warmth, and see the smiles that make our school a special place.
- Must be at least 21 years of age and legal to work in the United States
- Five or more years classroom experience in early childhood education and development; leadership experience preferred
- At least one of the following degrees/credentials AND 6-plus college credit hours in business management:
- Bachelor’s degree with 12 college credit hours in child development (preferred)
- Associates of applied science degree in child development or a closely related field
- Current Child Development Associate credential (CDA)
- Traditional and online marketing skills
- Ability to adjust from sitting to standing with ease; ability to lift and carry at least 30 lbs.
- Background check and drug test required
- Additional qualifications and experience may be considered
- Love for the education of young children.
- Strong organizational and administrative skills, especially in budget management. Must be thorough and detail oriented.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, interpersonal skills and problem-solving ability
- Ability to build relationships and work effectively with staff members, as a leader who can inspire, lead, encourage, coach, delegate and manage.
- Ability to build relationships and work effectively with parents, Board members, church staff and others to promote the needs of the school and church.
- Very positive and personable attitude at all times. Relates to children, parents, members and other staff in a positive manner.
To develop and oversee all aspects of the Day School, which include Mother’s Day Out and extended day programs, as they provide a nurturing, Christian environment that enables children to develop physically, intellectually, socially and emotionally through play and creative, educational preschool activities.
The Director is responsible for all activities of the school which encompasses both daily operations and working with the board on long-term planning. This person must possess the ability to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations, with strong organization, communication and people skills, while managing multiple priorities. The Director must demonstrate a commitment to fulfill the mission of AUMC and maintain cooperative partnerships within the church, its staff and members. He/she will report directly to the Arapaho Day School Board and the AUMC pastor.
- Collaborate with the AMDS School Board to develop and maintain a business plan including annual budget
- Oversee program guidelines and procedures for the school
- Manage school’s income and expenses
- Develop and grow the school programs
- Promotion through multiple channels to recruit prospective families
- Demonstrate strong understanding of school legal responsibilities and liabilities
- Maintain full compliance with Child Care Licensing Minimum Standards
- Recruit, interview, hire, coach and review (annually) teachers; maintain staff records
- Create and maintain a Staff Orientation manual or tool
- Manage parent communication and send monthly updates to parents
- Be timely in reporting and fulfilling financial duties due to accounting partner and Church treasurer
- Comply with the Discipline of the United Methodist Church, insurability requirements established by the North Texas Annual Conference and the UMC position on corporal punishment in the Book of Resolutions (BOR)
- Earn annual continuing education training requirements as outlined in Minimum Standards; participate in annual CPR and First Aid trainings
Building and equipment:
- Set and maintain school security; responsible for locking and unlocking school entrance
- Ensure facilities maintain a clean, safe, and tidy environment conducive for learning
- Maintain communication with AUMC Trustees concerning building needs, repairs, etc.
Relationships with teachers, administrative staff, School Board, students and parents:
- Develop a yearly school calendar; assist parents association and teachers in planning special events
- Plan all school events, including parent orientation, annual open house, etc.
- Substitute management and assist in scheduling as needed.
- Attend monthly School Board meetings; lead committees on school needs
Children’s and emergency welfare:
- Maintain student records including attendance to meet Child Care Licensing Minimum Standards requirements
- Ensure safety, security and injury plans and procedures are readily available and followed
Relationship with Arapaho United Methodist Church:
- Promote a positive relationship with the church; regularly attend church council and staff meetings
Full-time, salary paid over 12 months. Benefits to include:
- Paid time off (PTO)
- Flexible office hours during summer months (our school follows the RISD school calendar)
- Eligible for annual bonus
- Optional 403B retirement fund
How to Apply
To apply, please email the following REQUIRED items by March 1, 2018, to SchoolBoard@arapahoumc.org:
- Your resume
- Your cover letter with your story on what brought you to Arapaho Methodist Day School
- Your completed application available for download and printing at this link.