Center for Youth Ministry Training Full-time Graduate Resident Youth Minister
Center for Youth Ministry Training, Brentwood, TN,
Fulfill your call to youth ministry as a full-time Graduate Resident Youth Minister at the Center for Youth Ministry Training (CYMT). The Graduate Resident Youth Minister is a unique professional ministry opportunity that provides you with a job at a local church while both training and coaching you as you earn your Master’s of Arts in Youth Ministry through a CYMT partner seminary.
CYMT offers regional campuses in Tennessee and Texas through partnerships with Memphis Theological Seminary and Austin Presbyterian Theological Seminary. Partner churches are from multiple denominations within a four-hour radius of Memphis, TN, and Austin, TX. Acceptance to the program is competitive, as the cohort spots are limited in each region. The cost to the resident is only $1,500 for the three-year program.
Graduate Residents will receive:
- Full scholarship for tuition, books and housing
- Master’s degree from accredited seminary
- A job as a youth minister in a local church
- $1,000 per month stipend
- Veteran youth ministry coach
- Cohort: Residents are part of a dynamic, group-learning community that provides encouragement and support as they walk through ministry together.
- Coaching: Residents receive one-on-one coaching from a youth ministry veteran to help master and apply critical skills.
- Classroom: In retreat-style four times per semester, residents will be challenged to think theologically about ministry and empowered to create ministry programs that evoke deep, life-changing Christian faith.
- Church: Residents get hands-on experience in a local church where they serve 25 hours weekly as youth minister.
- Care: Residents receive pastoral care and encouragement, empowering them to seek wholeness in their life.
- Distinct call to youth or children’s ministry
- Ministry experience working with children or youth
- Undergraduate degree
CYMT partners with congregations and individuals representing the theological views and diversity of mainline Protestant Christianity. We partner with mainline Protestant denominations including The United Methodist Church, Presbyterian Church (USA), Cumberland Presbyterian Church, Evangelical Lutheran Church in America, Episcopal, Disciples of Christ, American Baptist and Cooperative Baptist Fellowship. Our partner seminaries include Austin Presbyterian Theological Seminary and Memphis Theological Seminary.
The Center for Youth Ministry Training is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that exists to equip youth ministers and churches to develop theologically informed and practically effective youth ministries. Learn more at cymt.org.
How to Apply
Apply online at www.cymt.org.
- Complete online application
- Pay $50 application fee
- 3 references (professor, ministry, personal)
- Proof of insurance
- Complete background check
Early admission: Nov. 15, 2017
Final deadline: March 1, 2018View More Jobs