Christ UMC Full-time Assistant Director of Children’s Ministry
Christ UMC, Plano, Texas,
Christ UMC in Plano, Texas, is currently seeking a full-time Assistant Director of Children’s Ministry to be responsible for the tactical elements for programs and activities related to the Children’s Ministry.
This position reports to and works closely with the Director of Family and Children’s Ministries and is responsible for the tactical elements for programs and activities related to Children’s Ministry including many weekday and evening events and various other events throughout the year. The Assistant Director of Children’s Ministry is also responsible for the management of Children’s Ministry volunteers, as well as assisting the Director of Family and Children’s Ministries as needed. Must have a passion for reaching children with the gospel message and be willing to think outside the box to present the gospel message to children in age-appropriate and relevant ways.
- Minimum 3 years of commensurate experience.
- Volunteer recruitment and scheduling
- Work with the Family and Children’s Ministry Director in the preparation and implementation of Children’s Ministry Sunday School curriculum (age 2 through 5th grade)
- Work with the Family and Children’s Ministry Director in the planning and implementation of Children’s Ministry Special Events (Created by God, Scouting, etc.)
- Model and maintain a positive and enjoyable atmosphere for children and their families during all Children’s Ministry programs
- Collaborate with the Director of Family and Children’s Ministries and the Children’s Ministry team to vision, develop, organize, implement, and supervise all children’s ministry programs, activities, trips and events
- Ensure documentation for events and programs are turned in and updated as necessary
- Recruit, schedule, retain, and evaluate Children’s Ministry volunteers
- Assist in the Children’s Sunday School processes and programming
- Ensure all classrooms have adequate teachers, adequately trained
- Monitor trends and attendance
- Maintain MinistrySafe training documents
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Family and Children’s Ministries
How to Apply
To apply, please email all of the following to email@example.com:
- Religious/church affiliation
- Pay requirement & pay history