Custer Road UMC: Part-time Summer Lunch Program Assistant
Custer Road UMC, Plano, Texas,
The part-time Summer Lunch Program Assistant at Custer Road United Methodist Church shall be a person of genuine and deepening Christian character, willing to grow as a loyal participant of a ministry team, able to work and communicate well with the Summer Lunch Program (SLP) Coordinator, volunteers and participants in the SLP.
The purpose of the Summer Lunch Program Assistant is to assist the Summer Lunch Program Coordinator.
The Summer Lunch Program Assistant position will be governed by Custer Road UMC’s Human Resource Policy and Procedures, and is a part-time, non-exempt position. This person works approximately 20 hours per week (Monday-Friday, approximately 10 a.m.-2 p.m., June 5-Aug. 15, 2018). Training and preliminary duties may be required in April and/or May.
Reports to SLP Coordinator and Director of Missions.
The Summer Lunch Program Assistant will:
- Co-lead daily training sessions as needed for volunteers at Summer Lunch Program site.
- Communicate volunteers’ responsibilities to them.
- Load coolers daily with ice, lunches, milk, bottled water and ice pops.
- Load trailer, ride to lunch site and occasionally drive.
- Assist with site setup daily.
- Serve as a leader at the site, instruct volunteers.
- Clean up site daily.
- Return with truck/trailer to CRUMC, unload coolers and restock for next day.
- Assist summary and documentation of the program.
- Interact with children and families being served by program.
- Offer the children and families being served a transparent look at their walk with Christ, including but not limited to praying before mealtime, inviting children and families to attend Custer Road events, etc.
- Serve as Site Leader in SLP Coordinator’s absence
Qualifications and Requirements
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Must have a positive attitude and a spirit of grace and patience while working with staff, church members, volunteers and SLP participants.
- Must be comfortable sharing their faith with staff, church members, volunteers and SLP participants, with the goal being to invite all into a relationship with Christ.
- Must be computer literate.
- Must be at least 18 years old (21+ years of age preferred).
- Must have a valid Texas Driver’s License, be able/willing to learn to drive a truck/pull a trailer.
- Must have strong, positive communication skills.
- Must own a cell phone and have texting capability.
How to Apply
Apply online at www.crumc.org.View More Jobs