First Methodist Carrollton: Full-time Facilities Director
FUMC Carrollton, Carrollton, Texas,
First Methodist Carrollton is looking for a full-time Facilities Director. The Facilities Director is responsible for the care and function of all facilities to ensure its highest and most effective use in order to meet all the ministry functions of the church. This includes but it not limited to plumbing, electrical, HVAC, landscaping, painting, vehicles, and equipment.
Education, Experience, Skills
- College degree preferred; minimum high school degree
- 5-7 years experience in facilities management desired
- Skilled in planning and project management
- Possess excellent organization and communication skills
- Work well with others
- Proficient in problem solving, delegating responsibility, and following-up as needed to ensure the desired outcome is achieved
- Basic computer skill proficiency required
Essential Job Requirements
- Keep the facility clean, attractive, and well-maintained, inside and out.
- Manage maintenance and custodial staff, and facilities budget.
- Coordinate the maintenance, monitoring, and repairs of the air conditioning, electrical, plumbing, elevators, security system, and energy management system, etc.
- Develop a maintenance status system to respond to work orders and projects, and keep the church staff informed of progress on work orders.
- Coordinate and monitor schedules with maintenance staff (and volunteers) to meet scheduled events.
- Be sure set-ups are completed and any changes of dates/arrangements are passed on to the custodian. Monitor for daily changes.
- Oversee proper set up and tear down for church events.
- Organize and retain maintenance records and maintain a complete file of all church building plans.
- Setup and maintain computer file system of maintenance schedules and actual maintenance performed.
- Closely monitor janitor and custodial work performance. Address issues as identified.
- Regularly inspect the church premises for areas of repair or concern and to ensure compliance with local fire regulations (including storage areas). Serve as the Fire Marshall for the premises.
- Make or schedule needed repairs and purchase supplies necessary to perform repairs that are requested.
- Seek bids and maintenance agreements for approval to facilitate repairs and ensure competitive and fair pricing.
- Assist and oversee the coordination of building projects and prepare a statement of work requirements for all major projects.
- Follow up with companies the church has service agreements with, to ensure their work is completed on schedule (days and times) and they are fulfilling the agreement.
- Review and follow-up on all vendor invoices to ensure accuracy; submit for payment processing.
- Ensure compliance and implementation of facility policies put in place by leadership.
- Develop and recommend short- and long-term plans for needed repairs.
- Be on-call to handle facility emergencies (plumbing, fire, security, etc.).
- Perform other duties as may be specified by the Senior Pastor.
- Manage relationships with rental tenant to ensure a high level of satisfaction.
Reports to: Senior Pastor
Work Schedule: 40 hours per week requiring flexibility in schedule to meet requirements. Some evening and weekend work will be required.
Job Classification: Salaried position.
How to Apply
Email resume to Bonnie Downing at firstname.lastname@example.org.View More Jobs