First UMC Leonard: Part-time Director of Music Ministries
First UMC, Leonard, Leonard, Texas
First UMC Leonard in Leonard, Texas, is looking for a part-time Director of Music Ministries.
The Director of Music Ministries is a key position in the development and implementation of a meaningful and Spirit-led worship experience. The person applying for this position must desire to serve God through music ministry. Contact the church office for an application for employment.
- Must be available for Sunday services and all Church special season services.
- Must have a passion and patience to work with volunteers of all musical background and abilities.
- Possess a musical background and an understanding of congregational worship experiences.
- Possess a proficient knowledge of Church Hymnody.
- Ability to select appropriate music to support weekly worship themes or seasonal special services, including preludes, anthems, and postludes.
- Proficiency in keyboard is required.
- Choral directing or choral vocal experience is preferred.
- Salary and Hours
- Annual Salary starting at $9,100
- It is estimated to take an average of 7 hours per week to complete this job.
- Weekly Sunday service is from 10:15 a.m. to 11:15 a.m. Early arrival required for set up and final run through.
- Regular and special rehearsal with choir, ensembles, soloists’ and song leader.
- Special worship services; Ash Wednesday, Maundy Thursday, Good Friday, Christmas Eve, and other services designated by the pastor.
- Time to plan, prepare, and practice for worship including, but not limited to the following:
- Hymn selection
- Conversations with the pastor regarding weekly worship themes
- Work alongside pastor to prepare for each worship experience.
- Timely research, selection, and ordering of special music for seasonal worship including anthems and cantatas.
- Prepare and direct choir to sing for congregational hymns, anthems, and/or special music seasons.
- Consult and play with ensembles and soloists to provide a unified music ministry program.
- Attend monthly Worship Committee meetings. Be in conversation with worship team to enhance the worship experiences. Be open to feedback from all sources including the congregation.
- Inform pastor or song leader of needed supplies or instrument repairs.
- Unscheduled absences: arrange for a qualified substitute, notify the pastor no later than 1 hour prior to report time.
- Wear appropriate clothing.
- Initial review to be conducted by member of SPRC and the pastor within 90 days of start date.
- Annual self and staff review.
- Line of Accountability: Pastor, SPRC, Administrative Council.
How to Apply
Interested applicants can contact the pastor, Joe Gist at 469-867-1173.View More Jobs