First UMC Red Oak Part-time Administrative Assistant
First United Methodist Church of Red Oak, Red Oak, Texas,
First United Methodist Church in Red Oak, Texas, is seeking an Administrative Assistant. This position is part-time (20 hours per week) and reports to the Senior Pastor and SPRC.
Character and Nature of the Position:
The Administrative Assistant is to be a Christian and an active participant of a Christian Church (not required to be a member of FUMCRO). This person must be positive and friendly, willing to work with staff and volunteers to uplift the ministry of FUMCRO. His/her character should be such as to serve as a good role model for others.
After six months of work, 20 hours of paid time off will have been earned. Paid time off must be taken within the following six months. Time off must be approved in advance by the Senior Pastor or appropriate designee.
The Administrative Assistant is to maintain the highest level of confidentiality.
The Administrative Assistant must be comfortable working with many people and able to keep information confidential. She/he is to refer problems to the appropriate staff member or to the Senior Pastor for resolution.
The Administrative Assistant should be comfortable working with personal computers, Microsoft Word, Excel, Publisher, Power Point, Membership Plus, Shepherd ‘s Staff (or able to understand and learn) and other general office programs. She/he is to maintain appropriate emailing and regular mailing lists of members, prospects, vendors, staff, ministry teams and other groups as directed by the Senior Pastor.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain a neat and orderly office.
- Assist in handling the regular mail.
- Answer the phones and distribute appropriate information.
- Serve as the Official Church Hostess during the week, welcoming guests and assisting the Senior Pastor with Hospitality.
- Serve as the Church Secretary, handling correspondence as requested.
- Assist Membership Secretary in maintaining accurate and confidential information about members of the church, including mail to visitors and contact with the Hospitality Team for delivery of Mugs, enter names and addresses into Visitor Module for emails.
- Work with other staff and volunteers to make sure all information is filed and protected.
- Edit, email and print the Newsletter (monthly and weekly) and send by email or regular mail as directed.
- Serve as the contact person for Ministry Teams and Committees to send out notifications of meetings.
- Place supply orders for the church. (this includes office supplies, flowers, Donuts and other orders as requested.
- Assist the Senior Pastor and Worship Team with Funerals, Baptisms and Weddings.
- In the event that monies are received, the amounts are to be recorded according to the practices of the church and the money placed in the lock box.
- Schedule and supervise Front desk greeters.
- Supervise the scheduling of events on the church calendar in conjunction with the Senior Pastor.
- Maintain connections with the Central Texas Conference and the East District, which includes posting information on the Conference Dash Board or other designated online or paper format and responding to requests from either office.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Senior Pastor.
How to Apply
Please email your letter of interest and resume to the church office at firstname.lastname@example.org.View More Jobs