FUMC Duncanville: Full-time Finance Manager
First United Methodist Church Duncanville, Duncanville, Texas,
FUMC Duncanville is looking for a full-time Finance Manager.
The Finance Manager is responsible for the maintenance, support and reporting of all financial data in support of the church and the financial accounting and statistical record-keeping system. The Finance Manager provides leadership for the administrative processes within the office by establishing controls to ensure schedules and deadlines are communicated to staff on behalf of the Senior Pastor.
Responsibilities include the following:
- Completes deposits of weekly contributions, records contributions in the automated accounting system and transmits statements to church members quarterly. Reconciles bank account monthly.
- Reviews account payable invoices and ensures they are input into the automated accounting system weekly. Coordinates and issues checks weekly. Ensures accountability for expenditures. Invoices and other requests for funds are verified against receipts and approved funding requirements before payment.
- Provides accounts receivable support to the Day School. Enters payments against invoices in the automated account system received by cash, check and online payment system. Support school staff with all system related questions.
- Maintains all personnel records and completes payroll actions for all church staff members and Day School employees in accordance with established local church timeframes and procedures, and for ordained staff, following Conference requirements. Ensures that payroll taxes are paid following regulatory requirements.
- Completes financial status reports monthly for the Chairpersons of the Finance, Trustees and Missions Committees and other Chairpersons, as requested, and attends the month Finance Committee meeting. Attends the Endowment Committee Meeting, when scheduled.
- Provides financial administrative support associated with any church financial transaction, and serves as the point of contact concerning financial matters. Provides administrative financial support for church events, as needed.
- Supports the Chairperson, Finance Committee in preparation for the Charge Conference and completes financial system updates, as required, after the Conference.
- Supports the Chairperson, Stewardship Committee in preparation for the annual Stewardship Campaign. Communicates with the church membership about prior year’s commitment amount and tracks and reports pledges as received.
- Coordinates annual budget requests with appropriate staff and Committee Chairpersons.
- Provides leadership to the staff involved with the collection and completion of the yearly North Texas Conference statistical report. Reviews and coordinates final approval of the report with the Senior Pastor and ensures that it is submitted in accordance with Conference deadlines.
- Provides general office support answering the phone, taking Day School payments, etc. as needed.
- Anything else as needed by the Senior Pastor to fulfill the ministries of the church.
How to Apply
All resumes shall be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. No faxes will be accepted. This position will remain open until a qualified candidate is found.View More Jobs