FUMC Coppell: Full-time Director of Music Ministries
FUMC Coppell, Coppell, TX
FUMC Coppell in Coppell, Texas, is seeking a full-time Director of Music Ministries to oversee the direction, vision, and day to day operations of the Sanctuary-based music ministry.
- As a growing disciple of Jesus Christ, prioritize leading God’s people in their worship of the Triune God above all other aspirations.
- Recruit, Develop, and Direct: Chancel Choir, Selah Church Orchestra, God Squad Student Choir, and additional ensembles which may include but are not limited to Christmas Pops, Memorial Day Concert or other musical presentations.
- Gifted Worship Leader: Lead & Empower congregation in active worship participation engaging all ages.
- Oversee and build coordinated and collaborative music and worship teams.
- Oversee and effectively manage and develop music staff, collegiate singers, and other paid musicians; directly supervise part-time staff members responsible for children’s choir ministries, hand bell music ministries, music accompaniment, sound and projection.
- Responsible for Sanctuary-based Music Ministries’ long/short term planning & budget.
- Help coordinate and implement worship team planning for sanctuary-based services, special worship events and funerals; coordinate and collaborate with all church music staff.
- Develop healthy, trust-filled relationships with volunteers and all church staff.
- Work collaboratively and creatively with one another and all church staff, including active participation in weekly planning meetings and staff discipleship.
- Work diligently to support the mission of First United Methodist Church of Coppell in reaching the greater community, keeping the dynamic demographics of our mission field in mind.
- Other music and worship responsibilities appropriate for a church seeking revitalization as deemed necessary by Senior Pastor and Staff-Parish Relations Committee (SPRC).
- Bachelors or Master’s Degree in Music, or equivalent experience. Sacred Music degree or certification preferred.
- Significant experience in leading and growing the music ministry in a local church setting.
- Genuine appreciation and experience with traditional, contemporary and other genres.
- Experience in choral directing of large and small groups as well as conducting both orchestra & choir together.
- Ability to arrange music for vocalists and instrumentalists preferred.
- Experience with sound systems and multi-media such as Pro Presenter. Ability and willingness to help develop other worship-related technologies (such as live- streaming).
- Skill in recruiting, equipping, and sustaining God’s people in music ministry.
- Understanding and valuing the distinctive contributions of Wesleyan Theology, United Methodism and the church liturgical calendar while appreciating the broader, ecumenical Christian church.
- Commitment of a minimum 4 year tenure as Director of Music Ministries.
- Resourceful, self-motivated and good organizational skills.
- Good knowledge of computer and software systems.
- Volunteer and staff management including but not limited to supervising Organist, Associate Director of Music, Sound and Projection Technicians.
- Coaching & mentoring skills.
- Recruiting and relation building skills.
- Attributes such as: Motivation, Creativity, Emotional Intelligence, and Ability to work well with a team (putting the team above individual or ministry area pursuits).
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
How to Apply
To apply, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than April 3, 2018.View More Jobs