First UMC Decatur Part-time Worship Leader for New Faith Community
FUMC Decatur, Decatur, Texas,
FUMC Decatur is actively engaged in planting a new faith community with the aim to reach an expanding population of people who do not have a church home. It is the hope that this new faith community will be a place for “un-churched” and “de-churched” persons to rediscover together what it means to be the Church anchored in local service, community life, and authentic worship.
This fledgling community is planning to begin “preview” worship services in Spring 2018, with the hope of launching regular weekly worship by September/October 2018. This endeavor provides a unique opportunity to be involved in the planning, planting, launch, and growth of a new faith community with uniquely Wesleyan DNA.
The Worship Leader will work closely with the Pastor and Launch Team in determining elements such as worship design and style. Creative collaboration is highly encouraged, an entrepreneurial spirit is a plus, and a deep and growing love for God and one’s neighbors is a must.
- Participate in all Launch Team Gatherings
- Attend excursions with the Launch Team to experience other worship communities across North Texas and reflect upon “best practices” for building a new weekly worship experience and facilitating regular worship design
- Meet regularly with the Associate Pastor and Launch Team for creative and collaborative planning of Preview Worship Services
- Meet regularly with the Associate Pastor and Launch Team for creative and collaborative planning of community “Splash Events” – such as a Community Sunrise Service
- Meet regularly with the Associate Pastor for creative and collaborative planning of weekly Worship Services
- Take primary responsibility for leading music in the worship life of the new faith community (i.e. singing and musical accompaniment, preferably on guitar or keyboard)
- Serve as both a musical and pastoral presence in worship leadership: leading prayers, transitions between songs, and other elements in worship
- Recruit musicians for the new faith community who will help regularly lead worship
- Leadership of Worship Team (musicians): Planning and distributing music, coordinating weekly rehearsals, and leading the team during rehearsal and worship services
- Advise on the purchase of musical instruments and tech equipment as needed
- Coordinate with Media Team to ensure song lyrics are imported in the correct order to worship software and multimedia system to be ready for worship
- Assist in planning and leading worship for special events outside of regular Sunday services (ex. Blue Christmas Service, Holy Week Services, etc.)
- Up until the launch of weekly worship services, the Worship Leader may be asked to participate in musical leadership of the Traditional Worship services in the main sanctuary of FUMC Decatur (8:30 a.m. and 10:50 a.m.)
- Attend Staff Meetings, currently monthly, with all FUMC Decatur staff
- Assist as a member of the Staff Team to accomplish the church’s mission and vision, understanding that some duties may be assigned which fall outside the guidelines outlined above
- Participate in the life of the new faith community outside of worship, including being active in a Life Group and serving locally in the Decatur/Wise County community
How to Apply
Please send a cover letter, resume, and any online media (recordings, worship videos, etc.) to Rev. Ricky Harrison at firstname.lastname@example.org or call the church office M-F, 8:30 a.m. – 4 p.m., 940-627-3362.
Additional questions may also be directed to Ricky Harrison. Position will remain open until filled.View More Jobs