FUMC Richardson Full-time Associate Director for Senior High Student Ministry
First UMC Richardson, Richardson, Texas,
FUMC Richardson in Richardson, Texas, is currently seeking a full-time Associate Director for Senior High Student Ministry who will work primarily with senior high (9th – 12th grade) students.
About FUMC Richardson
We are a large church serving more than 6,000 members and are committed to living out our mission: With open hearts and minds, we welcome people for Christ, grow people in Christ, and serve people with Christ. We live out our mission through our core vales, which are: Compassion, Humility, Respect, Inclusion, Servanthood and Teamwork. We are seeking candidates who embody the church’s mission and live according to our core values.
The Associate Director for Senior High Student Ministry will work with all of the Student Ministries team to encourage students to grow in their faith through worship, UMYF, Bible studies, Sunday school, leadership development, service, and participation in the youth choir. This position will build relationships with youth, run trips and activities, and provide spiritual development. This position is responsible for helping lead youth into a meaningful relationship with Jesus Christ and grow as his disciples.
This person will work on a team including the Associate Director for Junior High Student Ministry, the Student Ministries Coordinator, two year-round interns, and a summer intern. They will report to the Associate Pastor for Faith Formation and Student Ministries.
This position is highly relational and requires establishing and building relationships with students and their parents. They will help dream, plan, and implement the senior high youth program. Additionally, they will support the entire student ministries program, as well as the programs and initiatives of the larger church.
The Associate Director for Senior High Student Ministry must be organized, as well as thrive in a fast-paced, highly relational, creative environment with tight deadlines and busy schedules.
We require a committed Christian who feels called to youth ministry and is excited to work in an open and accepting United Methodist Church environment, with the following qualifications:
- Strong personal faith consistent with United Methodist theology.
- Undergraduate degree preferred; post-grad education a plus.
- 2+ years of experience working with adolescents, preferably senior high age students (paid or volunteer).
- Computer knowledge: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, ServiceU, Social Media, and willing to learn new applications.
- Able to clearly and creatively communicate Scripture and theology
- Passionate about working with senior high students and aware of the issues they face
- A proven track record of developing quality relationships and establishing appropriate boundaries with youth
- Able to meed students and families in crisis situations and walk alongside them
- A heart for service and interested in igniting this in others
- A clear ability to recognize and develop talent in others
- Strong interpersonal, communication and organization skills
- Demonstrate enthusiasm and positive attitude
- High degree of initiative and accountability
- Manage and motivate volunteers
- Work collaboratively as a team with youth, parents, and other staff members
- Willing to enhance professional and spiritual growth through continuing education
Job Hours and Compensation
Compensation will be based on education and experience. We provide a competitive benefits package, as well as a fun and supportive work environment! Due to the nature of youth ministry, early mornings, late nights, weekends, and week-long out-of-town events are regular. Office hours will be determined with these factors in mind.
How to Apply
Please email resume and cover letter to Lynnita Jessen, Human Resources Manager, at email@example.com.View More Jobs