FUMC Terrell: Part-time Methodist Day School Director
First United Methodist Church, Terrell, Texas,
First United Methodist Church Terrell is looking for a part-time Methodist Day School Director.
The Director will lead and inspire teachers, students and parents in a dynamic hands-on learning experience that has shaped the Terrell community for 35 years. The Methodist Day School is a sought-after faith-based childhood education program in Terrell with a waiting list of parents wanting their children involved. Serving ages Pre-K 3, Pre-K 4 and Kindergarten, the Methodist Day School has an established faculty, a well-maintained facility, a playground and great relationships in the church and community.
The Director, who may also serve as a teacher in the program, must have the ability to manage both people and resources cooperatively and graciously. The Director reports to the Weekday Children’s Ministries Board of FUMC Terrell, with accountability to the Senior Pastor.
Duties shall include, but are not limited to:
- Administer day-to-day operations in keeping with Methodist Day School policies, philosophy, and finances.
- Know and maintain all licensing standards.
- Plan and implement ways for faculty to meet requirements for in-service training and professional development.
- Maintain membership in Region 10 Education Service Center.
- Be available to counsel with parents and to assist teachers in classroom management, parent involvement, and areas of concern.
- Recognize and understand children with special needs.
- Observe and adhere to the Director’s work hours: Monday to Thursday, 7:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- Observe and adhere to the Director’s summer hours: be present 8 hours weekly on campus.
How to Apply
Contact Rev. Peter McNabb at email@example.com or 972-563-6274.View More Jobs