FUMC Van Alstyne Part-time Director of Children’s Ministries
FUMC Van Alstyne, Van Alstyne, Texas,
FUMC Van Alstyne is seeking a part-time (14 hours/week) Director of Children’s Ministries to coordinate, maintain, and implement a total Christian ministry for children from birth through sixth grade.
The purpose of the Children’s Director is to coordinate, maintain, and implement a total Christian ministry for children through sixth grade, their peers, and parents. It is the responsibility of the Children’s Director to coordinate this ministry through the Pastor, Children’s Ministry Task force, Staff, and parents.
Essential duties include the following (other duties may be assigned):
- Coordinate, maintain, and implement a total Christian ministry for the children of Van Alstyne First United Methodist Church through sixth grade, their peers, and parents.
- Recruit, train, and/or assign volunteers for church school, evening programs, special events, outings, and Bible studies involving the children of the church and community.
- Be available as a resource for children’s classes, Vacation Bible School, or other programs.
- Lead in selecting, purchasing, and distributing Sunday School curriculum.
- Work with office in scheduling needed space for upcoming events.
- Submit announcements and information about all upcoming Children’s Ministry events for the monthly newsletter and weekly bulletins. Provide other promotional information when necessary.
- Track and record children’s attendance each week. Prepare a system for reaching out to those children not attending weekly.
- Coordinate monthly events for children, recruit volunteers, and prepare specifics of the events such as Advent workshop, Christmas Children’s Program, Easter Children’s Program, and Easter Sunday Children’s Celebration and Egg Hunt, Bible School, Wednesday Evening Program, Sunday School Promotion, etc.
- Coordinate a Children’s Choir (recruit volunteers and monitor progress).
- Submit a schedule of events to the Pastor thirty days in advance of events.
- Attend staff meetings as called by the Pastor/Supervisor.
How to Apply
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to Pastor Scott Holcomb-McLain at email@example.com.View More Jobs