Highland Park UMC: Full-time Early Childhood Coordinator
Highland Park UMC, Dallas, Texas,
Highland Park UMC in Dallas, Texas, is currently seeking a full-time Early Childhood Coordinator who will be responsible for planning and executing all programming for children ages birth through pre-k, and managing weekday childcare and nursery functions.
Monday – Thursday: 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Sunday: 8:00 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
Essential duties include the items listed below, plus other duties as required or assigned. Duties may be changed without notice.
- Serve as pastor to children birth-preschool and their families.
- Manage the first floor Nursery and Preschool areas each Sunday morning, ensuring safety and security for children and families, as well as greeting, welcoming and shepherding them as a representative of HPUMC Kids.
- Work closely with Child Development Program on shared space topics and issues.
- Attend and participate in weekly meetings for children’s ministry team and HPUMC staff.
- Serve as the first impression to our new parents, shepherding them into our ministry.
- Lead and supervise a team of 40+ part-time caregivers.
- Responsible for hiring, training, and leading caregiver team, resolving problems that arise, and consulting Director of Children’s Ministries and/or Human Resources when necessary.
- Lead weekly caregiver meeting prior to Sunday worship services, and communicate with them on a regular and as-needed basis.
- Prepare and communicate schedules for caregivers on a monthly basis.
- Serves as main contact for families who use KidCare offerings during week.
- Maintains a presence on the first floor during KidCare weekly hours (as determined by schedule)to resolve issues and monitor activity in rooms.
- Maintains a presence on the first floor during large special events scheduled during a week night.
- Analyzes weekly KidCare participants to determine the number of Caregivers and rooms needed.
- Collaborate with Curriculum Coordinator to select age appropriate educational programming for preschool age children ages 2-5, working closely with Elementary Coordinator to ensure a consistent approach to ministry at all ages within children’s ministry. Programming may be adapted from standard or packaged curriculum, or custom-created, as appropriate.
- Supervise, guide and work closely with the YC Creative Arts Lead Teacher to create a consistent and effective music/large group moment for children on Sundays mornings.
- Responsible for hiring, training, and leading YC Lead Teachers to create a consistent message and experience across all preschool classrooms for children on Sunday mornings.
- Recruit, train, and support volunteer Small Group Coaches for preschool age levels.
- Meet with Small Group Coaches on a regular basis to provide curriculum information and affirmation of their service.
- Host teacher training with the Elementary Coordinator throughout the year, developing agenda and leading/co-leading sessions.
This position will be responsible for supervising the following:
- Nursery Supervisor
- Evening Services Coordinator
- Younger Children’s Lead Teacher
- Caregiver Team of 40
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Childcare or nursery setting experience a plus
- Supervisory experience required
- CPR and First Aid Certifications
- Ability to work both as a team player and independently with a high degree of initiative
- Highly motivated with excellent interpersonal skills; strong supervisory skills including setting policy and holding team accountable, conflict resolution skills
- Intermediate computer skills
- Clear criminal background check
- Other Qualifications: Must be a committed Christian comfortable working in the United Methodist church environment. Our employees are called to lead a life that becomes the gospel, and we expect them to exhibit appropriate demeanor both on and off the job.
Note: All HPUMC employees are required to work on our 2 biggest days of the year: Christmas Eve and Easter Sunday.
How to Apply
To Apply, please email all of the following to email@example.com, specifying Early Childhood Coordinator in subject line; you will not be considered without all three, which will be verified upon hiring:
Your religious/church affiliation
Your pay requirement & pay history
No calls please.View More Jobs