Highland Park UMC Part-time MCLI Leadership Associate for HS Youth Ministry (Female Only)
Highland Park UMC, Dallas, Texas,
Highland Park UMC in Dallas is seeking a part-time MCLI Leadership Associate for High School Ministry to lead students to become deeply devoted followers of Jesus Christ. Please note that only female applicants may apply for this position.
This is a part-time, seasonal (6- to 9-month) position that will work up to 28 hours a week except during mission trips or other planned events where more hours may be required.
- Ability to work 28 hours per week
- Various hours: Sunday Morning – Friday
- Additional hours required for mission trips and other planned events
Essential duties include the items listed below, plus other duties as required or assigned. Duties may be changed without notice.
- Assist in planning and executing Sunday morning and Wednesday evening Youth worship which involves preaching, teaching, witnessing, and leading small group discussions.
- Participate in weekly activities including special ministry events and programs such as Friendsgiving, Swishin’ 4 Mission, games, and other activities as assigned.
- Spend time each week with students outside of weekly programming.
- Serve as a role model to our Youth by demonstrating Christian values and leading a responsible lifestyle that honors our church and its mission.
- Create and execute one semester event.
- Perform social media marketing and prepare online promotional material.
- Offer additional support to the Youth Ministry team as assigned.
Education: High School diploma or equivalent is required. This role is designed for young adults who may have interest in furthering their education in the field of ministry and working with youth.
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Organization skills are a must to keep up with activities and safety of youth when attending events onsite and offsite for their safety.
- Good communication skills are needed at all levels including youth, adult staff members, volunteers and parents.
- May be expected to lift or carry more than 25 pounds during mission trips.
- Computer knowledge: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, EventU, Social Media, Internet for research.
Other Qualifications: Must be a committed Christian who feels called to high school girls’ youth ministry and is comfortable working in the United Methodist church environment. Our employees are called to lead a life that becomes the gospel, and we expect them to exhibit appropriate demeanor both on and off the job.
- This position will work with high school girls; female candidates only, please
- Candidates must clear criminal background check
Note: All HPUMC employees are required to work on our 2 biggest days of the year: Christmas Eve and Easter Sunday.
How to Apply
Please email all of the following to email@example.com, specifying “MCLI Female Intern – HS Youth” in the subject line. Note that you will not be considered without all 3, which will be verified upon hiring:
- Your resume
- Your religious/church affiliation
- Your pay requirement and pay history
No calls please.View More Jobs