Lovers Lane UMC: Part-time Associate Director of Student Ministry
Lovers Lane United Methodist Church, Dallas, Texas,
Lovers Lane United Methodist Church is looking for a part-time Associate Director of Student Ministry. This job is designed for someone pursuing a call to ministry and quite possibly in student ministry.
Summary of Responsibilities
- Assist in planning and directing the ministry for 7th-12th grades on Sundays, weekdays and special events.
- Cultivate relationship with students and their families.
- Help recruit and retain volunteers in the ministry.
- Help teach Sunday morning Bible study experiences and short-term classes.
- Communicate to parents and volunteers through managing weekly communication through mass email (MailChimp), social media and the website.
- Serve as the coordinator for the youth band. Schedule band and tech members. Communicate to the team. Help pick and shape the worship experiences with the team.
- Serve on the teaching team under the leadership of the Student Pastor(s).
- Attend weekly student ministry staff meeting.
- Serve on the student team with planning and executing a dynamic programming for students (includes weekly programs, special events, fundraiser events, mission trips, retreats, Confirmation, etc.)
- Help cultivate, train and shepherd students who serve in internship roles during the summer as well the students that serve on the student leadership team.
- Actively support the mission of the Student & Family Team to cultivate a diverse community of Biblical teaching, celebration of faith, intentional discipleship, and a lifestyle of service.
- Actively support the mission of the church to love ALL people into relationship with Jesus Christ through other duties as assigned.
Student Pastor(s) or Director(s)
You work closely with the Family team and Student Ministry team of staff.
20 hours per week, must include Sundays, other days are flexible and will be worked out with the ministry team.
How to Apply
Send resume and cover letter to Family Ministry Pastor Scott Luginbill at email@example.com.View More Jobs