Lovers Lane UMC: Part-time Childcare Caregiver and Teacher for Family Ministry
Lovers Lane UMC, Dallas, Texas,
Lovers Lane UMC in Dallas is seeking a part-time Childcare Caregiver/Teacher for their Family Ministry to provide safe, secure, nurturing, clean and efficient care to their children.
Your role is to provide safe, secure, nurturing, clean and efficient care to our children, and assist the Directors with space preparation. Your ministry responsibilities include playing with the child or directing his play, reading to him, praying for each child, exhibiting Christ-like patience and love, and relating the events of the day to the lesson and theme in words the child can understand.
- Arrive and clock-in by your scheduled service time, ready to serve. Lockers are available for personal items.
- Pray individually for children as they play, as they listen to the lesson, and for the other caregivers as you work together.
- Clean and straighten the room and supplies after the children leave. Follow all the cleaning and safety instructions to keep our children and rooms safe, clean and up-to-date.
- Report concerns or ideas for improvement to the Nursery Coordinator or a Children’s Director.
- Attend occasional teacher meetings.
- Follow emergency guidelines in the event of a drill, or an unexpected event.
Interacting with Parents
- Always thank the parent for bringing their child. It is our privilege to serve them!
- Always smile (even when you are tired), and represent the church in a positive manner.
- Always communicate to the parents any injuries (with a written report), naps, diaper changes, or feeding events.
- Always follow arrival and dismissal plans set by the Kids & Family Ministry.
Teaching Little Ones
- We believe that all our workers are not just caregivers but teachers for our precious children.
- Early Childhood is best time to build a God-centered worldview for children. We have provided age-appropriate teaching material for all Nursery, Preschool, and Elementary Ministries. This material is easy to prepare and use. Instructions are written in the curriculum.
- Integrate the biblical truth or theme into the activities the children are doing. Take advantage of every opportunity to make the truths “real” to the children, repeating them over and over, applying them to anything normal around them.
Example: “Do you see the elephant in the puzzle? God made elephants. What else did God make? God made everything!”
- You must have a cleared background check on file and successfully complete a MinistrySafe online abuse awareness training.
- You will be expected to maintain a current First Aid/CPR Certification and employment paperwork.
- In the event that you cannot work a scheduled time, 48 hours notice must be given to allow sufficient time to find a substitute.
- Able to work Sunday mornings (required) and other weeknights or days when needed if possible.
Sunday mornings required, additional weekdays and nights are possible for special events, ongoing nursery requests.