NTC Go Camp Full-Time Intern
Go Camp, Plano, Texas,
Go Camp NTC in Plano is seeking a full-time Go Camp Intern to actively supervise campers during camp, lead family groups, aid the camp director and site coordinator, and more between May 29 and Aug. 3, 2018.
- Actively supervise campers at all times during camps: This includes programs that take place at the host site as well as on field trips.
- Lead family groups – groups of 5-10 campers assisted by 1 adult volunteer. This includes guiding your group through the curriculum activities and facilitating open-ended discussion on the daily Bible lessons.
- Aid the camp director and site coordinator in every aspect of camp: set up, tear down, registration, drop off and pick up, leading activities, assisting in worship, packing and serving food, leading games during free time, and have an attitude to do whatever is necessary to provide a safe camping environment for our campers.
- Interns must be willing to be the first person on site in the morning and the last one in the afternoon. Camps typically take place from 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Staff housing varies from week to week so interns must be willing to adapt to their situation. Some weeks you may be sleeping on an air mattress at a church, other weeks you may be hosted by a family in the community. Interns are responsible for keeping their sleeping quarters clean and tidy throughout the stay and leaving their area better than they found it.
May 29 – June 1: Staff Leadership Training
June 4 – 29: 4 weeks of Day Camps (Mon-Fri, weekends off, no housing provided).
July 4 – 6: Week Off
July 9 – 20: 2 weeks of Day Camps.
July 23 – 27: Overnight Camp at Jan Kay Ranch in East Texas (all meals provided, may require additional responsibilities).
July 30 – Aug. 3: Last week of Day Camp.
- This position is intended to be a leadership opportunity for those who seek to pursue a career in camping and youth ministry.
- Must be between 18-25 years old, provide a resume with letter of recommendation from a non-family member and complete a background check
- Applicants must be able to complete CPR First Aid Training prior to camp.
- Applicants must complete MinistrySafe Training provided by the conference.
- Applicants must have a heart to serve and be willing to live outside of their comfort zone.
- Interns are expected to model the 3 course values of Wesleyan Theology: Do No Harm, Do Good, and Stay in Love with God.
- Interns must be willing to lead/participate in praise and worship, small groups bible study, team building, ropes courses, zip lining, sailing, kayaking, paddle boarding, swimming, fishing, hiking, exploring nature, arts and crafts, indoor/outdoor games and other camp activities.
- Experience working with at-risk youth is a plus but not necessary. Training will be provided.
- Interns will have the opportunity to showcase any special skills they have relatable to camp.
- Interns will report to the camp director any matters that go beyond these requirements.
Schedule of working hours: 40 hours a week.
Compensation: $350 per week, with housing provided, breakfast and lunch also provided. Daily per Diem for dinners and other necessities are built into the weekly compensation.
How to Apply
Download and print the application at: http://ntcleadership.org/about-us/employment
Email completed application to Bouie Stewart, email@example.com or mail to:
View More Jobs
Attn: Bouie Stewart
500 Maplelawn Dr.
Plano, TX 75075