St. Andrew UMC: Part-time Worship Production Assistant
St. Andrew UMC, Plano, Texas,
Under the direct supervision of the Associate Pastor of Worship, the Worship Production Assistant will assist in organizing and implementing worship services at St. Andrew, Plano, with an emphasis on managing details and planning for services.
- Identify options and details regarding potential elements for worship service
- Create summaries of this research for use by the worship planning teams in the decision making process
- Maintain Planning Center details
- Oversee timing of services
- Help worship producer through managing the video venue service at St. Andrew
- Coordinate with other ministry areas as necessary
Manage Worship Projects
- Maintain regular contact with Worship staff to implement worship events
- Manage facilities details for worship events
- Be present at Worship Events as needed
Worship and Set Design
- Coordinate with Creative Director and Technical Director for sets and creative elements
- Provide creative input regarding worship elements
- Oversee campus related worship details
Other Duties as Assigned
Other General Responsibilities
- Answer phones and emails promptly
- Assist with planning and implementing major Worship events
- Respond to general inquiries and provide hospitable service for visitors
- Other ministry needs as defined by the Associate Pastor of Worship
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Planning Center (experience and knowledge helpful, but not necessary)
- Ability to use web-based registration programs (Service U, IContact)
- Ability to multi-task
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand as necessary. Events will require more walking and lifting than the typical office requirements.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a non-exempt, hourly, part-time position at 20 hours per week. This position requires at least five hours of work on Sundays, six hours of work on Tuesdays and other workdays during the week to be determined.
Required Education and Experience
- High school diploma
- One year of administrative experience
Preferred Education and Experience
- Associate’s degree or higher
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
How to Apply
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume to Jimmy Decker: email@example.com.View More Jobs