St. Marks UMC Part-time Organist/Pianist
St. Marks UMC, Mesquite, Texas,
St. Marks United Methodist Church seeks a part-time organist/pianist to join their staff.
Duties will include (but are not limited to):
- Accompanying the adult choir during Wednesday night rehearsals
- Providing the organ and/or piano music for Sunday morning worship service(s) and for other services as they appear on the Christian calendar
- Providing music for rehearsals and performances for any choir specials as scheduled by the Choir Director or the Pastor
- Assisting in the coordination of special music and organ accompaniments (prelude, postlude, etc.) for church services with the Choir Director and the Pastor
- Special playing for weddings will be at the organist’s discretion as to whether he/she is available and how much he/she charges
- Special playing for funerals must be accommodated wherever possible or an alternate must be found
- Complying with copyright laws
- Demonstrating familiarity with and flexibility to usage of various styles of worship music
- Accompanying the Children’s Choir — currently Sunday morning rehearsals (9:45 a.m. – 10:05 a.m.)
Being a part-time position, no benefits are provided. In case of any absence, the Organist must coordinate the absence with the Pastor and Music Director. Additionally, the Organist will be responsible for finding a satisfactory replacement when absent if requested to do so by the Music Director or Pastor. Any work problems that arise that cannot be settled between the parties involved must be brought to the attention of the SPPR Chair immediately.
The organist will report directly to the Music Director. The Organist will have access to the Pastor and to the Staff Parish Committee.
Two (2) weeks notice will be required of either party if termination of employment occurs. Being a part-time position, two weeks per calendar year will be provided for personal vacation.
How to Apply
Send resume to Millie Arnold at email@example.com.View More Jobs