St. Andrew UMC Full-time Administrative Assistant, Student Ministry
St. Andrew United Methodist Church, Dallas, Texas,
St. Andrew United Methodist Church in Plano, Texas, is seeking an Administrative Assistant to support the Student Ministry Staff.
Under the direct supervision of the Student Ministry Director, this position provides administrative and secretarial support for the Student Ministry Staff.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Maintain attendance spreadsheets
- Process and file registration forms
- Document, file and maintain Emergency Medical forms
- Gather all Student Ministry programming attendance sheets each week and input information
- Print new Sunday School rosters each week in preparation of that week’s programming
- Add/Delete students in ACS as needed
- Maintain spreadsheets of New Students and Monthly Student Attendance
- Send weekly Students’ newsletter through iContact
- Gather information needed for weekly events and upcoming trips to publicize in email
- Monitor contact list and update as needed
- Submit announcement requests for events through bulletins and website
- Bulk mailings
- Mail monthly birthday cards and visitor letters to 6th-12th grade students
- Answer emails from parents on any questions they may have about events or programming
Scheduling & Facilitating
- Add events to church calendar with room set ups for each room needed
- Work with Communications Staff to maintain Student Ministry website and update current events
(Middle School Retreat, Mission Trip, Camp Impact, Ski Trip, Confirmation Retreats and other trips and events.) Duties include:
- Set up online registrations for events and update registrations regularly
- Communicate with parents regarding event registrations
- Work with venues and locations for pricing quotes and available dates
- Organize forms needed for each trip and event
- Set up and manage check-ins for each trip including coordinating volunteers and reserving rooms
- Ordering, tracking and sorting of supplies
- Fulfill other requests and duties as needed
Other General Responsibilities
- Answer church phone every Wednesday
- Financial Record Keeping and Deposits (including, invoices, expenses and reconciliations)
- Submit check requests, deposit funds and complete monthly expense reports
- Process and submit volunteer background checks and MinistrySafe documents.
- Order office supplies as needed
- Notary service for Students forms
- Assist with church mail duties
- Support church administrative team when needed
- Microsoft Office Suite
- ACS and Facility Scheduler (experience and knowledge helpful, but not necessary)
- Ability to use web-based registration programs (Service U, IContact)
- Ability to multi-task
- Comfortable operating & troubleshooting office equipment (computers, copiers, etc.)
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand as necessary. The events will require more walking and lifting than the typical office requirements.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a non-exempt full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Thursday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m., Friday 8:30 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Daytime travel during Camp Impact may be expected, but no other travel is necessary.
Required Education and Experience
- High school diploma
- One year of administrative experience
How to Apply
Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.View More Jobs