Annual Report Instructions
Lay Servant Ministries Annual Report
(Request to the Charge Conference for Renewal)
REVISED FORM FOR 2017. Please read all the instructions, then click the link at the bottom of the instructions to go to the fillable PDF form.
- This report must be submitted annually to your home church Charge Conference in order to maintain your Lay Servant status. Check with your Pastor to find out the date for this year’s Charge Conference and the deadline for submitting your report to the Pastor.
- Those who have achieved the designation of Lay Speaker (rules from General Conference 2012 and procedures from the NTC Committee on Lay Servant Ministries) will still have to complete this form each year to maintain their status as both a Lay Servant and a Lay Speaker.
- The Lay Servant is responsible for keeping his/her own records of activities and course participation (certificates).
- At least once in every three years, Certified Lay Servants must complete an Advanced LSM course in order to maintain their Lay Servant status. If you are listing on your report form under Part 2, a course that you have taken OUTSIDE your home District, please put the date and location of that course next to the title.
- Be thorough; include all of your church and community activities. This information is used to improve our program and to demonstrate the value of Lay Servant Ministries to other laity and the clergy.
- When you have completed filling out the form, you will need to click submit. (You will not be able to save or print the form before submitting.) You will get a return email with the completed form that you will print, sign, and turn in to your home church for Charge Conference. Be sure to keep a copy for your personal files.
- With most recent computers and printers, it is now possible to sign a copy of the form you print out, then scan it and save it as a PDF document. You can then attach it to an email to submit to your church. But, you should check with your church staff to determine if this is acceptable.