The North Texas CONNECTION Stories
The North Texas CONNECTION in digital format is produced to CONNECT more people with the energy, excitement, and stories of The United Methodist Church in North Texas. We will deliver stories you can SHARE with your friends, colleagues and neighbors, helping extend our WELCOME to everyone at area churches.
The content is designed to nurture your faith with articles about:
- Faith Based Solutions to everyday challenges.
- Building Relationships with family, church, friendships and work.
- Reaching Out beyond your comfort zone, to new people.
- Overcoming Obstacles and moving past personal challenges.
- Legacy Leadership that offers inspiration, opportunities to learn, “footprints for others to follow.”
We want personal stories from you, like…
- Testimonies – personal faith stories of people in our Conference.
- “Why I’m a United Methodist” – send us fun quotes and tell us in 25 words or less.
- One + One – Bishop McKee asked that 5,000 United Methodists mentor school children. We want to hear your stories and use them to inspire others to get involved in our communities.
Consider these upcoming themes as you think about stories to submit:
- January 2016 – How do you renew and/or embrace the New Year?
- February 2016 – Is love over-rated? What/who are you in love with?
Topics for interesting articles:
- What does your church family mean to you?
- How does faith help us deal with divorce?
- How to have a happy marriage
- How to raise good kids
- How to get out of drug and alcohol dependency
- Domestic violence ministries that are making a difference
- Living your faith at work
- The importance of being a good Christian—at work, school and interfaith settings
- What is a good Christian?
- How to cultivate leaders in the church
- What is a lay speaker?
- Are you physically and spiritually healthy?
- Christian music vs. what?
Have a great story to share? Use the form below to submit your idea now.
We Appreciate It!
Thanks for submitting a tip on a great story! Your story will be reviewed for publication at a future date.
Not all story ideas are guaranteed to be published. The more details you provide the better!